XML TRANSFORM - Serious problem - nested element causes Index error...why oh why???

KathyB

Hi,

This problem is KILLING my project. I'm transforming an xml doc (step
by step instruction documents) in asp.net web form. I've tried using
the xml web control and the following code:

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
Response.Write("Hello Rod x 2")
Dim xDoc As New XmlDocument()
Dim xTrans As New XslTransform()
Dim xWriter = New XmlTextWriter(Response.Output)
xDoc.Load(Server.MapPath("KB_Test_WI1.xml"))
xTrans.Load(Server.MapPath("KB_Test.xsl"))
xTrans.Transform(xDoc, Nothing, xWriter)
End Sub

With both methods I get this error message:

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of
the collection. Parameter name: index

Both methods work on the EXACT same document IF I remove the third
nested level of the <step> element. xml sample structure is:

<step />
<step>
<step />
</step>
<step>
<step>
<step /> --here's where the error occurs!!!
</step>
</step>

PLEASE what am I missing? I thought one of the strengths of XML was to
be able to use this type of structure?

Thank you.

Kathy