XmlHttp and Win 2003

denel

hi guys,

i'm french, sorry for my poor english

i use Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP from MSXML SDK.

On my staging server (win2000) my code works properly but not on my
production server (win2003)

The object is instancied, the first call of teh "Send" method reply but
just once !!

If i refresh the pageand i'll never have any other response

Here the test code

<%
' ---------------------------

Function Test()
Dim url,xmlhttp
set xmlhttp = createobject("microsoft.xmlhttp")
url =
"http://webservice.dsc.fr/revendeurs/revendeurs.asmx/GetUrlIcomp?RefProd=PALM
ZIRE"

' Transmission des infos pour analyse du moteur
xmlhttp.open "get",url,false
xmlhttp.setrequestheader "Pragma","no-cache"
xmlhttp.setrequestheader "Cache-control","no-cache"
On Error Resume Next
xmlhttp.send
If Err.Number<>0 Then
SendSpyWords = ""
Exit Function
End If
On Error Goto 0
If (xmlhttp.Status = 200) then
Test = xmlhttp.responsetext

End if
End Function

response.write Test()
'
' Fin du code de test
%>

Tks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

denel said:
hi guys,

i'm french, sorry for my poor english

i use Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP from MSXML SDK.

On my staging server (win2000) my code works properly but not on my
production server (win2003)

What do you mean by this? Error messages? Incorrect results? Please try to
describe your symptomsw without using the words "does not work".

Dave Anderson

denel said:
xmlhttp.open "get",url,false

Try "GET" instead of "get".

5.1.1 Method
============
The Method token indicates the method to be
performed on the resource identified by the
Request-URI. The method is case-sensitive.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2616.txt

--
Dave Anderson

denel

unfortunately, i've no error message in the page, no error messages in
EventViewer

just no response from the server after the "send" method

Dave Anderson

denel said:
unfortunately, i've no error message in the page, no error messages in
EventViewer

just no response from the server after the "send" method

Have you tried my suggestion yet?

--
Dave Anderson