XP user authentication

Avi

Folks,

Given the following function signature: bool AutheticateUser(string uid,
string pwd);

Can anyone tell me which .Net class.function API can I use to return
true/false if the password passes the XP authentication for a particular
machine / AD for the uid?

Many thanks,
Avi
(e-mail address removed)

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

There is no .NET function for this yet, but you can call the LogonUser API
via pinvoke. The code sample in the MSDN documentation for
WindowsImpersonationContext has a nice sample.

Joe K.

Paul Clement

¤ Folks,
¤
¤ Given the following function signature: bool AutheticateUser(string uid,
¤ string pwd);
¤
¤ Can anyone tell me which .Net class.function API can I use to return
¤ true/false if the password passes the XP authentication for a particular
¤ machine / AD for the uid?

That type of authentication is implemented in the below MS KB article:

HOW TO: Authenticate against the Active Directory by Using Forms Authentication and Visual Basic
..NET
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326340

Paul ~~~ (e-mail address removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)