xsd:sequence with mixed child elements

craig.milley

In XML schemas, is it possible to have a construct like the following?

<parent-tag>
<child-tag-A>
<child-tag-B>
<child-tag-A>
<child-tag-A>
<child-tag-B>
etc
</parent-tag>

In other words, is it possible to have a parent element with 2 child
elements which can occur in any order and any number of times? It
seems that the only permitted grouping constructs are <xsd:all>,
<xsd:choice>, and <xsd:sequence>, and none of these get the job
done.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

craig.milley

Or simply a choice with maxOccurs="unbounded".

Thank you very much! This worked for me. I am (obviously) a schema
newbie and was getting nervous when it seemed like this was not
possible. (Software deadlines are ticking...)