Xslt Transformation getting < and >

Guest

I am converting a web deployment system from asp to aspx. The old system used the MSXML2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument and did a .transformNode. The .Net system uses XslTransform() and does a .Transform. My problem is that the resulting HTML page is slightly different in that the does not convert the
&lt; and &gt; to < and > in the HTML

Is there a switch or parameter in the Transform or the XslTransform that will cause the proper escaping

Thanks

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi,

From your description, you are using the .net's XslTransform class to
transform xml document into html and find that some datas such as &lt; and
&gt; won't be convert to the < and > which is different from the MSXML2's
transform behavior ,yes?

Based on my research, when using the XslTransform.Transform method to
transform document, the result will different when we use a
XmlReader/XmlWriter or a Stream as the output. There is a certain reference
in MSDN:

#Outputs from an XslTransform
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconinputsoutputstoxsl
transform.asp?frame=true

And here is a former thread discussing on the same problem:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&threadm=#qFXvdwxCHA.1620@TK2MS
FTNGP11&rnum=4&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D.net%2520XslTransform%2520escape%26hl%3Den
%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN%26tab%3Dwg

You may also have a look. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi,

Have you had a chance to check out the suggestions in my last reply or have
you got any further ideas on this issue? If you have anything unclear or if
there're anything else we can help, please feel free to post here. Thanks.