Yahoo!'s Ruby Developer Center

Brian Adkins

http://developer.yahoo.com/ruby/

"Welcome to the Ruby Developer Center

Ruby is a very popular open-source language which lends itself
especially well to object-oriented programming for the Web. If you've
ever thought about combining Ruby with Yahoo!'s open APIs and Web
services, read on."

I just came across this and thought it might be of interest.

Brian

Richard Conroy

http://developer.yahoo.com/ruby/

"Welcome to the Ruby Developer Center
I just came across this and thought it might be of interest.

Brian it's not bad. Their HOWTO section is the most useful
to Ruby generalists, even the bit about using the YAHOO
REST interface is fairly reusable and has interesting net/http
examples. Ditto with simple examples for parsing XML with
REXML & XmlSimple and for parsing JSON.

Nice heads up.

Richard.

James Edward Gray II

Brian it's not bad. Their HOWTO section is the most useful
to Ruby generalists, even the bit about using the YAHOO
REST interface is fairly reusable and has interesting net/http
examples.

Yeah, I wish they would have shown a little open-uri usage though. I
really prefer that interface to net/http whenever you can get away
with it.

James Edward Gray II

Richard Conroy

Yeah, I wish they would have shown a little open-uri usage though. I
really prefer that interface to net/http whenever you can get away
with it.

I have had fun with the various Ruby HTTP & web automation libraries,
and I agree that lacking lots of examples is a problem.

If anyone could link comprehensive examples to these libraries I would
be particularly grateful. Thanks again to Brian for increasing the number
of examples known to me by a whole 20%.
James Edward Gray II

regards,
Richard.