yaml, level too deep, stack error

Jean-Hugues ROBERT

Hi,

some_obj.to_yaml() raises a SystemStack exception, after a few
long seconds:

Exception SystemStackError: stack level too deep at:
rubytypes.rb:24 to_yaml()
yaml.rb:188 quick_emit()
rubytypes.rb:24 call()
rubytypes.rb:25 to_yaml()
baseemitter.rb:164 map()
baseemitter.rb:164 each()
baseemitter.rb:175 map()
rubytypes.rb:24 to_yaml()
yaml.rb:188 quick_emit()
rubytypes.rb:24 call()
rubytypes.rb:25 to_yaml()
baseemitter.rb:164 map()
baseemitter.rb:164 each()
baseemitter.rb:175 map()
rubytypes.rb:55 to_yaml()
yaml.rb:188 quick_emit()
rubytypes.rb:55 call()
rubytypes.rb:60 to_yaml()
baseemitter.rb:164 map()
baseemitter.rb:164 each()
baseemitter.rb:175 map()
rubytypes.rb:24 to_yaml()
yaml.rb:188 quick_emit()
rubytypes.rb:24 call()
rubytypes.rb:25 to_yaml()
baseemitter.rb:164 map()
baseemitter.rb:164 each()
baseemitter.rb:175 map()
rubytypes.rb:24 to_yaml()
and so on...

Is this supposed to happen ? I am running on Windows, v 1.8.x

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Hugues

why the lucky stiff

Jean-Hugues ROBERT said:
some_obj.to_yaml() raises a SystemStack exception, after a few
long seconds:

Exception SystemStackError: stack level too deep at:
rubytypes.rb:24 to_yaml()
yaml.rb:188 quick_emit()
and so on...

Is this supposed to happen ? I am running on Windows, v 1.8.x

Not at all. Can you send me the object you are dumping? Appears to be
some sort of recursion. I'm not sure how you got away with this. I'm
dying to know.

_why