  1. BillGatesFan

    BillGatesFan Guest

    Is there a Yes/No dialog box in Javascript? Thanks

    BillGatesFan, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Well, sort of, but the text "Yes/No" depends on the browser:
    confirm("Yes or no");

    The confirm-box returns true if you say yes and false if no, so you can
    do something like this:
    if (confirm("Yes or no")) {//if yes

    }
    else { // if no

    }

    Ulrik Skovenborg, Dec 29, 2004

  3. BillGatesFan

    Randy Webb Guest

    Welcome.

    Randy Webb, Dec 29, 2004
  4. BillGatesFan

    Randy Webb Guest

    There is what?
    It does.
    On what? You asked if there is a yes/no dialobg box, I said yes. I said
    nothing about a confirm now did I?
    With script.

    Write your own dialog box that uses a div tag that gets centered and you
    can put anything you want in it.

    Before asking for further explanation, please read the group FAQ. It
    abounds with information that will be of great use to you.

    Randy Webb, Dec 30, 2004
  5. BillGatesFan

    Randy Webb Guest

    Damn, and all this time I thought this was Usenet and now you tell me
    its a forum. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

    And while I may qualife for the biggest ass in Usenet (I'm not), you
    would rank in the top 10 for the inability to read and comprehend what
    you read. Had you bothered to read what I said, followed the links, and
    read some more, you would have found the answer to your question.

    Or, has Developersdex brainwashed you into thinking this is some kind of
    question/answer forum where I just sit here waiting on lazy people to
    ask stupid questions without researching it first?
    Why thank you.

    Where do I collect my rewards? I want cyber-dollars so I can buy a
    cyber-brain.

    P.S. The FAQ I pointed you to is referenced in my signature.

    Randy Webb, Jan 11, 2005
  6. If a category is listed as ">FORUMS & Newsgroups" and followed by the
    qualification ">Newsgroups" wouldn't it make more sense to assume that
    the subject of that qualification was *not* a forum?

    But if you want to participate in Usenet newsgroups I would recommend
    that you get away form Developersdex. They used to be reasonably
    competent a couple of years ago but they have completely lost the plot
    recently. Your best bet is to arrange access to a new server (if you ISP
    doesn't already provide one) and get some proper newsreader software (or
    outlook express).

    Richard.

    Richard Cornford, Jan 16, 2005
  7. Richard Cornford wrote:
    ^
    <snip>

    In case it isn't obvious, that should have been "news server".

    Richard.

    Richard Cornford, Jan 16, 2005
  8. JRS: In article <[email protected]>, dated Sun, 16 Jan 2005

    You are very naive; and also a careless reader. Developersdex calling
    this a forum would not be sufficient to make it a forum. And, from the
    structure you quote above, they do not call this a forum; it is in the
    non-forums part of "forums and newsgroups".

    It is an Internet Newsgroup; a public resource.

    Dd is neither the best nor the worst of a number of organisations which,
    to suit your own ends, have created parasitic front-ends of greater or
    lesser competence, to give such as you the illusion that you are using a
    service that they have built.

    How are those who provide answers here to be properly rewarded? - the
    ignorant questioners should be giving, rather than receiving, payment.

    Dr John Stockton, Jan 16, 2005
  9. BillGatesFan

    Randy Webb Guest

    I know precisely what a "forum" is. And this is NOT a forum. This is
    Usenet News, comp.lang.javascript specifically.

    This image:
    is a screenshot of this reply window I am typing in. Go look at it, then
    come back and tell me where it says all that hog-wash garbage you say
    above.

    You need to learn the difference between developersdex and usenet.
    Where are my rewards? I should get double, nah triple, rewards for
    educating DD's users.

    Randy Webb, Jan 17, 2005
  10. Dim retValue as Integer
    I asume you realize this, but the code you submited is visual basic
    script, not javascript. VBScript should be avoided except for web
    applications that are only intended to be run in Internet Explorer.

    ryan.a.johnston, Jan 17, 2005