    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,

    PeterMcC, Oct 14, 2005

  2. PeterMcC

    Spartanicus Guest

    "PeterMcC" <> wrote:

    >I see that Evrsoft have released a beta of 1st Page 2006.

    Now there's a blast from the past, I never thought that this Homesite
    clone would be revived.

    >I know they rather
    >spoilt their reputation with the saga of an imminent release that's lasted
    >for a few years now but has anyone got any opinions on the 2006 version?

    Slow as wading through molasses on my (old) system, it set a new startup
    time record of a full 60 seconds, not even Java applications have
    managed that.

    I see that they've included a "WYSIWYG Design" feature which Homesite
    dropped, as expected it promptly butchered a document I opened with it.

    Still, it may be interesting for some, but I don't believe that there is
    a market for a products like Homesite or 1st Page anymore. Frontpage,
    Dreamweaver and GoLive have the WYSIWYG market, and 1st Page feels much
    to bloated for a good editor.

    Concepts such as tag insight and code completion are only useful for
    people with an intermediate skill level, the rest of the program's
    concept is imo also simply out of date.

    I'll stick with the original (Homesite) until a better concept comes
    along.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Oct 14, 2005

  3. PeterMcC

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Spartanicus wrote:

    > Concepts such as tag insight and code completion are only useful for
    > people with an intermediate skill level

    I disagree with that - DreamWeaver 8's new code completion is rather
    nice I think. I can code by hand at rocket speed, but the new editor has
    spend me up even more!

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    # this post (c) Miranda Thomas 2005
    # explicitly no permission given to Forum4Designers
    # to duplicate this post.

    SpaceGirl, Oct 15, 2005