2.4.3, unittest and socket logging

Chris Curvey

Hi all,

I just upgraded to 2.4.3 (from 2.4.1) on Windows. Now each time I run
my unit tests, they always throw this error at the end of the test run:

Error in atexit._run_exitfuncs:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\python24\lib\atexit.py", line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
func(*targs, **kargs)
File "c:\python24\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 1333, in shutdown
h.close()
File "c:\python24\lib\logging\handlers.py", line 448, in close
logging.Handler.close(self)
File "c:\python24\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 674, in close
del _handlers[self]
KeyError: <logging.handlers.SocketHandler instance at 0x00C41A58>

The classes that are being tested do use socket handlers for logging,
but I'm not sure if I should have been expecting this error, or what I
should be doing to make it stop. (It's not critical, but it sure is
annoying.)