2-D drawing/map with python

Huseyin Emre Guner

Hello,
I am newbie in Python. I would like to make a project using python.
The main ideo of this project is that a user enters the x,y values to the Gui(PyQt or Gtk) and then a 2-D map is plotted due to the x,y values. First, I use Pygame commands "(pygame.draw.line(window, (255, 255, 255), (10, 10), (200, 400))" However I could not establish a gui with pygame. Now I would like to use the PyQt. Could you please give me advice for this project?

Jason Friedman

Hello,
I am newbie in Python. I would like to make a project using python.
The main ideo of this project is that a user enters the x,y values to the Gui(PyQt or Gtk) and then a 2-D map is plotted due to the x,y values. First, I use Pygame commands "(pygame.draw.line(window, (255, 255, 255), (10, 10), (200, 400))" However I could not establish a gui with pygame. Now I would like to use the PyQt. Could you please give me advice for this project?

Is your goal just to learn Python, or also to learn how to create
GUIs? Your answer might help others on this list give better advice.

Either way, though, this free course might be helpful:
https://www.coursera.org/course/interactivepython.

Matteo Boscolo

Il 12/03/2013 16:58, Huseyin Emre Guner ha scritto:
Hello,
I am newbie in Python. I would like to make a project using python.
The main ideo of this project is that a user enters the x,y values to the Gui(PyQt or Gtk) and then a 2-D map is plotted due to the x,y values. First, I use Pygame commands "(pygame.draw.line(window, (255, 255, 255), (10, 10), (200, 400))" However I could not establish a gui with pygame. Now I would like to use the PyQt. Could you please give me advice for this project?
have a look at : http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythoncad/ it's also
integrated with sympy ..

regards,
Matteo