    I have two library's that both have the same object file in them. How
    can I specify which library to use a specific object from?

    , Dec 7, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I have two library's that both have the same object file in them. How
    > can I specify which library to use a specific object from?

    It depends on the linker you're using. Since it's implementation-
    specific, it's OT here, unfortunately. Please consider asking in
    the newsgroup that deals with your compiler. Sometimes you make
    the linker choose by specifying the libraries in a particular order,
    but there is no sure way. Sometimes it's possible to extract the
    object module from the library and pass it to the linker by itself.
    No common solution exists.

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 7, 2006