256 color palette

DINKER CHARAK

Hello,

I have generated a evenly laid out 256 color palette. It has the 216
"standard" web colors
0x{ff|cc|99|66|33|00}{ff|cc|99|66|33|00}{ff|cc|99|66|33|00} and 40 more
colors evenly interlaced. It can use it as a standard palette.

You can view the palette at http://www.dinkercharak.com/comp/sarv.htm with
their HTML color values and download program that generates it. The
algorithm is at http://www.dinkercharak.com/comp/sarvLibcpp.htm.

Hope you find it useful.

Regards,
Dinker

Algorithm for generating 256 color palette

rf

DINKER CHARAK said:
Hello,

I have generated a evenly laid out 256 color palette. It has the 216
"standard" web colors
0x{ff|cc|99|66|33|00}{ff|cc|99|66|33|00}{ff|cc|99|66|33|00} and 40 more
colors evenly interlaced. It can use it as a standard palette.

You can view the palette at http://www.dinkercharak.com/comp/sarv.htm with
their HTML color values and download program that generates it. The
algorithm is at http://www.dinkercharak.com/comp/sarvLibcpp.htm.

Hope you find it useful.

A google for "web safe colour chart" reveals another 71,000 sites about
this.

Besides, "web safe" colours died along with 8 bit colour cards, back in the
last century.

Cheers
Richard.

SpaceGirl

rf said:
A google for "web safe colour chart" reveals another 71,000 sites about
this.

Besides, "web safe" colours died along with 8 bit colour cards, back in the
last century.

Cheers
Richard.

I was thinking that... who only runs their computer in 8bit colour mode
these days?

rf

I was thinking that... who only runs their computer in 8bit colour mode
these days?

I don't think one can buy a computer, or rather a video card, these days
that will display 8 bit colour. None of my more recent ones will go below 15
bits.

Cheers
Richard.

Michael Wilcox

rf said:
A google for "web safe colour chart" reveals another 71,000 sites
about this.

Besides, "web safe" colours died along with 8 bit colour cards, back
in the last century.

Wow, way to piss on their work. (You're right, I agree and all, but still a
little harsh.)

DINKER CHARAK

Well, I needed 256 color palette for a particular case. So when I made the
algo and palette it generated, thought would share with others in case some
one else found it useful.

Dinker