    Regards,
    Dinker

    Algorithm for generating 256 color palette

    DINKER CHARAK, Feb 28, 2004

  2. DINKER CHARAK

    rf Guest

    "DINKER CHARAK" <> wrote in message
    news:Ze80c.54403$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have generated a evenly laid out 256 color palette. It has the 216
    > "standard" web colors
    > 0x{ff|cc|99|66|33|00}{ff|cc|99|66|33|00}{ff|cc|99|66|33|00} and 40 more
    > colors evenly interlaced. It can use it as a standard palette.
    >
    > You can view the palette at http://www.dinkercharak.com/comp/sarv.htm with
    > their HTML color values and download program that generates it. The
    > algorithm is at http://www.dinkercharak.com/comp/sarvLibcpp.htm.
    >
    > Hope you find it useful.

    A google for "web safe colour chart" reveals another 71,000 sites about
    this.

    Besides, "web safe" colours died along with 8 bit colour cards, back in the
    last century.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Feb 28, 2004

  3. DINKER CHARAK

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in message

    > "DINKER CHARAK" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have generated a evenly laid out 256 color palette. It has the 216
    > > "standard" web colors
    > > 0x{ff|cc|99|66|33|00}{ff|cc|99|66|33|00}{ff|cc|99|66|33|00} and 40 more
    > > colors evenly interlaced. It can use it as a standard palette.
    > >
    > > You can view the palette at http://www.dinkercharak.com/comp/sarv.htm

    with
    > > their HTML color values and download program that generates it. The
    > > algorithm is at http://www.dinkercharak.com/comp/sarvLibcpp.htm.
    > >
    > > Hope you find it useful.

    > A google for "web safe colour chart" reveals another 71,000 sites about
    > this.
    >
    > Besides, "web safe" colours died along with 8 bit colour cards, back in

    the
    > last century.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Richard.

    I was thinking that... who only runs their computer in 8bit colour mode
    these days?

    SpaceGirl, Feb 29, 2004
  4. DINKER CHARAK

    rf Guest

    "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message

    > "rf" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "DINKER CHARAK" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hello,
    > > >
    > > > I have generated a evenly laid out 256 color palette. It has the 216
    > > > "standard" web colors

    > > Besides, "web safe" colours died along with 8 bit colour cards, back in

    > the
    > > last century.

    > I was thinking that... who only runs their computer in 8bit colour mode
    > these days?

    I don't think one can buy a computer, or rather a video card, these days
    that will display 8 bit colour. None of my more recent ones will go below 15
    bits.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Feb 29, 2004
  5. rf <> wrote:
    > A google for "web safe colour chart" reveals another 71,000 sites
    > about this.
    >
    > Besides, "web safe" colours died along with 8 bit colour cards, back
    > in the last century.

    Wow, way to piss on their work. (You're right, I agree and all, but still a
    little harsh.)
    --
    Michael Wilcox
    mjwilco at yahoo dot com

    Michael Wilcox, Feb 29, 2004
  6. Well, I needed 256 color palette for a particular case. So when I made the
    algo and palette it generated, thought would share with others in case some
    one else found it useful.

    Dinker

    DINKER CHARAK, Mar 1, 2004