    Greg Silverman
    Northrop Grumman
    San Jose, CA
    gbs, Sep 10, 2004

  2. (gbs) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I have been using gcc 3.3 for a long time. Today I tired building my
    > software with version 3.4.1. One problem I found was that
    > __default_alloc_template was gone. What has replaced it? (if anything)
    >
    > Greg Silverman
    > Northrop Grumman
    > San Jose, CA

    Please take note that the function you are looking for starts with double
    underscores and is therefore a reserved work for the implementation.
    This means you never should use and worry about it.

    Stephan Brönnimann

    Open source rating and billing engine for communication networks.
    Stephan Br?nnimann, Sep 10, 2004

  3. gbs

    Tom Widmer Guest

    On 9 Sep 2004 22:28:37 -0700, (gbs) wrote:

    >I have been using gcc 3.3 for a long time. Today I tired building my
    >software with version 3.4.1. One problem I found was that
    >__default_alloc_template was gone. What has replaced it? (if anything)

    __gnu_cxx::__pool_alloc from <ext/pool_allocator.h>

    See http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc /20_util/allocator.html

    Couldn't you have looked it up yourself, or at least posted in a GCC
    specific group or mailing list?

    Tom
    Tom Widmer, Sep 10, 2004