_Newbie_ Question

news.cableregina.com

ok,

I wonder if perl can do this...

like whenever a page gets sent to it...
via like http://yourhost.com/dev.cgi?cmd=hello

the perl cgi would process the cmd but stay open for the next connection
while running a loop to process things for the cmd and incoming cmd's
seperately...

as well as talk to a mysql database...

If i don't make sense... daz alright I confuse myself sometimes...

thanks in advance

news.cableregina.com

Ok what I'm trying to say is there a way to execute a cgi on a web server
and have it continuously run and process information, sorta like an exe
instead of shutting down once output is finished...