    converted?
    Cheers,
    Kevin.
    Kevin Doyle, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Kevin Doyle wrote:

    > Hi I just found this macro.

    What macro?

    > I want to convert a dword

    No such thing in standard C++.

    > to string using this _ultoa

    No such thing in standard C++.

    > but I don't understand
    > the radix part of the function.
    > what value of radix should I use so as not to effect the value being
    > converted?

    Don't know. Not standard C++.

    It looks like you forgot to read the welcome message before posting.

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Kevin Doyle

    Kevin Doyle Guest

    Would you please go and post in the moderated NG.
    You are quite annoying.

    Kevin Doyle, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Kevin Doyle

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [OT] _ultoa radix??

    Kevin Doyle <> wrote in message
    > Would you please go and post in the moderated NG.
    > You are quite annoying.

    Not nearly as annoying as those who post off-topic
    questions, top-post, and post the same message separately
    to more than one group instead of crossposting.

    I've answered this same question you posted to
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ in that group.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Sep 8, 2003
  5. Kevin Doyle wrote:

    > Would you please go and post in the moderated NG.
    > You are quite annoying.

    Because I'm feeling exceptionally generous today, I will not killfile
    you just yet, nor will I notify your service provider's abuse department
    about your abusive and insistently off-topic messages. You have one more
    chance (though experience shows that people like you almost always blow
    such a chance). If you have a C++ question or issue, you may find me and
    the other members of this group to be a very valuable resource. But we
    don't respond well to trolling, off-topic posting, unwarranted insults,
    or poor netiquette.

    HTH. HAND.

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Sep 8, 2003
  6. Kevin Doyle

    Andre Kostur Guest

    "Kevin Doyle" <> wrote in

    > Hi I just found this macro.
    > I want to convert a dword to string using this _ultoa but I don't
    > understand the radix part of the function.
    > what value of radix should I use so as not to effect the value being
    > converted?

    I'm afraid you're going to have to look it up in your compiler's
    documentation. _ultoa is a platform-specific function. Although assuming
    that the implementor is sane, I doubt that any value passed in for radix
    would modify the input value (I'm not entirely sure what you mean by: "not
    to effect the value being converted"".
    Andre Kostur, Sep 8, 2003
  7. Kevin Doyle

    Oliver S. Guest

    > ... nor will I notify your service provider's abuse department ...

    I think no abuse-department cares about this minior "abuse".
    Oliver S., Sep 8, 2003
  8. Kevin Doyle

    Oliver S. Guest

    > Hi I just found this macro.

    _ultoa is not a macro.

    > what value of radix should I use so as not to effect the value being
    > converted?

    Use 10 for decimal output and 16 for hex-output.
    Oliver S., Sep 8, 2003
  9. Oliver S. wrote:
    >>... nor will I notify your service provider's abuse department ...

    > I think no abuse-department cares about this minior "abuse".

    You're probably right, but in the past people with similar attitudes and
    behavior have escalated their behavior to the point that it's quite
    clearly in violation of the service provider's terms of service. I guess
    we'll see what happens in this case.

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Sep 9, 2003
  10. Off Topic: _ultoa radix??

    Kevin Doyle wrote:

    > I just found this macro.
    > I want to convert a dword to string using this _ultoa
    > but I don't understand the radix part of the function.
    > What value of radix should I use
    > so as not to effect the value being converted?

    I see that you've met our off-topic cops
    and other indigenous trolls.

    I used Google

    http://www.google.com/

    to search for

    +"ultoa"

    and found lots of stuff.

    It isn't standard but implementations that do support it
    require you to include cstdlib (or stdlib.h).
    Good Luck and please don't hesitate to ask again
    if you have any questions about C++.
    E. Robert Tisdale, Sep 9, 2003
  11. Kevin Doyle

    Stephen Howe Guest

    Re: [OT] _ultoa radix??

    > Not nearly as annoying as those who ...top-post

    Yet bottom-posters fail to prune unnecessary verbiage - a much much more
    grevious sin.
    Better those who top-post and prune than bottom-post and no prune.

    Stephen Howe
    Stephen Howe, Sep 9, 2003
  12. Kevin Doyle

    Stephen Howe Guest

    > Because I'm feeling exceptionally generous today

    Yes, what an incredibly generous offer on your part. I am overwhelmed by
    your magnaminity.
    He has only posted 2 messages not half a dozen.

    Stephen Howe
    Stephen Howe, Sep 9, 2003
  13. Re: [OT] _ultoa radix??

    Stephen Howe wrote:
    >>Not nearly as annoying as those who ...top-post

    > Yet bottom-posters fail to prune unnecessary verbiage - a much much more
    > grevious sin.
    > Better those who top-post and prune than bottom-post and no prune.

    I've almost never seen a top-poster prune.

    Straight bottom-posting is not considered good, either. It's marginally
    better than top-posting. The proper reply format is, of course, to leave
    only the relevant context and place each section of the reply (perhaps
    only one section) immediately below the section it pertains to.
    "Bottom-posting" usually refers to the practice of quoting the entire
    message and adding new text to the bottom.

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Sep 9, 2003
  14. Kevin Doyle

    Stephen Howe Guest

    > > Yes, what an incredibly generous offer on your part. I am overwhelmed by
    > > your magnaminity.

    > I think I'd be insulted, if that were a word.

    Swop 2nd n and m, I was typing fast.

    > It's half a dozen by my count.

    Really? Google disagrees. It is 2 like I claimed. Check here in Google
    http://groups.google.com/groups?saf...up=comp.lang.c++&as_usubject=_ultoa&lr=&hl=en
    You will only find 2 posts by Kevin Doyle on subject "_ultoa radix??",
    exactly what I stated. Where are your 6 by Kevin Doyle?

    Stephen Howe
    Stephen Howe, Sep 9, 2003
  15. Kevin Doyle

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "Kevin Doyle" <> wrote:

    >Hi I just found this macro.
    >I want to convert a dword to string using this _ultoa but I don't understand
    >the radix part of the function.
    >what value of radix should I use so as not to effect the value being
    >converted?

    1. Don't use _ultoa, use the Format method of CString with the %u
    format specifier

    2. Don't post Windows or MS VC++ specific questions here. A much
    better place is the microsoft.public.vc.* hierarchy hosted on the
    msnews.microsoft.com server.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    Tim Slattery, Sep 9, 2003
  16. Kevin Doyle

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [OT] _ultoa radix??

    Tim Slattery <> wrote in message
    > "Kevin Doyle" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi I just found this macro.
    > >I want to convert a dword to string using this _ultoa but I don't

    understand
    > >the radix part of the function.
    > >what value of radix should I use so as not to effect the value being
    > >converted?

    > 1. Don't use _ultoa, use the Format method of CString with the %u
    > format specifier
    >
    > 2. Don't post Windows or MS VC++ specific questions here.

    Please don't post Windows or MS specific answers either.
    'CString' is not part of C++.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Sep 9, 2003
  17. Kevin Doyle

    Default User Guest

    Re: [OT] _ultoa radix??

    Stephen Howe wrote:

    > > Not nearly as annoying as those who ...top-post

    > Yet bottom-posters fail to prune unnecessary verbiage - a much much more
    > grevious sin.
    > Better those who top-post and prune than bottom-post and no prune.

    I agree in principle that many people (including some regulars here) do
    a poor job of trimming. However, I've seldom seen a top-poster that
    trimmed anything.

    Brian Rodenborn
    Default User, Sep 9, 2003
  18. Kevin Doyle

    Stephen Howe wrote:

    > Really? Google disagrees. It is 2 like I claimed. Check here in Google

    He posted to more than one thread.

    Brian Rodenborn
  19. Default User wrote:

    > Stephen Howe wrote:
    >

    >>Really? Google disagrees. It is 2 like I claimed. Check here in Google

    > He posted to more than one thread.

    He also posted using more than 1 name.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=dy67b.30958$
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=7c67b.30951$
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=Gt67b.30957$
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=mN57b.30946$
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=Nm67b.30955$
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=Hs67b.30956$

    For what it's worth Stephen, I apologize if I've offended you. My
    tolerance for people who show no respect for the group is low, and I
    tend to show little or no respect for them.

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Sep 9, 2003