_wcsupr () with german characters

Ajey

Hi,
I have a string which contains some german characters e.g
'Menü'. I am converting it to upper case using wcsupr (). But ü is
not converted to Ü. There are other characters too. I can use the
_wsetlocale () function before using _wcsupr (). I cannot use the
current machines locale setting. The strings have to be converted to
upper case based on the locale of the target
machine which is a SQL Server. What's the most efficient way of
converting the string to upper case considering the language specific
characters. I tried using the _wsetlocale (LC_CTYPE , L".OCP"); which
uses the OEM code page. This seems to be working. What's the difference
in OEM code page and language specific code page?

Thanks in advance

Ajey

Ron Natalie

Ajey said:
Hi,
I have a string which contains some german characters e.g
'Menü'. I am converting it to upper case using wcsupr (). But ü is
not converted to Ü. There are other characters too. I can use the
_wsetlocale () function before using _wcsupr ().

All of the functions you mention are microsoft-specific. Try one
of the microsoft groups.