A challenge to all MVP's.......GET A J.O.B. for once in your life

lwti

You guys who hang around here are some of the sorriest and most incompetent
programmers( if you can even be called that) ever!!!

The only thing you know are reference books and theory that's been proven
wrong in the real world
You sit in front of your computer answering the SAME nickel and dime
questions day after day, week after week, year after year so you can't
possibly have any real experience in making an actual program and all you do
is give BAD advice to those seeking it here.

As far as I am concerned, Microsoft should end the MVP program as all that
it fosters is wanna be programmers who only give bad advice and never DO as
they ADVISE. You have essentially ZERO experience in coding .NET to begin
with.

DEAR MICROSOFT:
Kill off the MVP program. It only fosters people who strive for publicity in
trying to get a programming job as opposed to being actually able to do the
job. The MVP's only make programmers and the software industry look bad as
a whole as these people are supposed to be MOST VALUEABLE....when in they in
fact are the MOST WORTHLESS programmers ever, especially when they actually
do get a job they only sit around with theory, and all that nonsense of
architecture and best practices only to not even deliver the project to
begin with. Why not put all that theory and knowledge to the test and
actually see if it really works? Ha ha ha..like you can even do that?

All these people do is get silly certification and they STILL CANNOT GET A
JOB!!! Much less actually do the job.....Imagine that!!! It's no wonder
companies go off shore, as the quality of software sucks anyway, so why pay
extra in the US when it's going to be late, buggy and not what the customer
wanted anyway.

MESSAGE TO MVP's:
WAKE UP!!! START DOING SOME REAL WORK or someone will make sure the world
knows how incompetent you MVP's are and if you think you will have a hard
time now flashing your MVP and Certification letters around, wait till they
know the real truth about you and will think twice about even mentioning you
have a certification or MVP status......and no talking in front of user
groups don't count as most those groups are also like you, unemployed, can't
get the job done right.

billmiami2

Please stop these inflammatory posts. What do you hope to gain by
doing this? Whether or not MVPs have jobs is their business only.
Why do you care? If someone gives me good advice at no cost, I'm
certainly not going to question his employment status or use that to
disqualify his good advice.

We are all here to help one another. Most of us here (MVP or not) take
personal time to help others and we should all be thankful for that.
If you're not happy with the participants or the quality of the help,
then please leave these newsgroups and don't come back until you learn
to treat others with respect.

Bill E.
Hollywood, FL

Kevin Spencer

Dude, you've got some serious issues. I suggest long-term therapy.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. -
Phillip K. Dick

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

Peter van der Goes

lwti said:
[...]

Thank you for your insightful analysis and helpful suggestions. I'm sure
they will be read with great interest by Microsoft management and given all
the attention they deserve.

Earl

Frankly, I've often received better and more comprehensive advice from the
MVPs than I've gotten from Microsoft on most occasions. Creating a solution
takes a lot more experience and knowledge than just "coding in .Net". I'm
not sure what your beef is with the MVPs, but I think we would all be a lot
poorer without their insight and advice.

james

Known Troll who keeps posting his nonsense all over under different names. In fact he is such a coward he
cannot even post under his own name. Truely sad and a waste of bandwidth.

james

David

I think you MVPs are the best, and I thank you for all of the help you've
give me (and everyone esle) over the years.
-David

Jeffrey Todd

I am personally grateful to a number of MVPs on this site - Ken Cox, Kevin
Spencer, Brock Allen, Curt Christenson, Karl Sequin, Steve C. Orr, Scott
Mitchell, and Bruce Barker. Without their advice, perspective, sample code,
and referenced articles or blogs I simply wouldn't have been able to succeed
as well or as quickly as I have in learning ASP.NET. When my customers or
programming peers see what I have created with ASP.NET and tell me how great
they think it is, I'm always very quick to mention that there is *no way* I
could have done it without the help of the MVPs in this NG.

Thank You MVPs!

-Jeff

lwti

This guy HAS a J.O.B. because M.V.P.'s are TOO STUPID to know that other
beginning programmers make money off of their nickel and dime questions/
answers. However, past the beginning part this is where, if he keeps taking
MVP's advice he will fail just like MVP's fail as they don't have JOB's
either

lwti

are MVP's trolls? they WANT, NEED ATTENTION to get the J.O.B. that they
can't KEEP or GET. THUS, THEY KEEP POSTING, POSTING, POSTING AWAY...

M.V.P = GIVE-ME-A-JOB-as-I-THINK-IKNOW-A-LOT-BUT-ACTUALLY-CAN'T DO IT-TROLL

eXtreme

It sounds like you want to validate that MVP's worth with your commentary.
Let others do what they will and either be part of it or do your own thing.

If you've been looked over as an MVP keep helping... it's not the title that
counts but how you feel about yourself in the morning. :)

Regards,

lwti

Buy a book, it does the same thing and it will get you started.

After getting the basics down, don't bother to listen to them as these
people/authors have never gotten past the sample program and written a real
program where it actually counts in the real world.

Authors are little better than MVP's in that the actually have to write a
little sample code of which is what you need. But after that, then it's all
*you* as authors only write books to get noticed to get their next
consulting gig, they do not make money off their books if you didn't know
that.

Do NOT think that these MVP's and authors are some super programmers as they
are NOT to say the least. All they know is trivia, reference, how to answer
a worded question with a nice answer in public. When it actually comes down
to putting out a program and coding something in the real world, don't even
ask them, don't even listen to their best practices as they don't really
practice what they preach, nor do they even have time to practice what they
preach as they are posting all day long.

Nick Malik [Microsoft]

What a nice person!

All the MVPs that I am familiar with are paid very well for their expertise
in other positions. Many still work as individual contributors, while
others are development leads, architects, and consultants who share their
expertise directly with individual developers. That they share a small
portion of their significant experience with the rest of us, on this forum,
in blogs and in talks for user groups, most often without pay, is a form of
generosity of spirit that is both invaluable and fundamental to our
community.

I cannot praise the MVPs enough for their contribution to the Microsoft
programming community. I know that my sentiments are not alone within
Microsoft.

You have changed no minds today, troll.

--
--- Nick Malik [Microsoft]
MCSD, CFPS, Certified Scrummaster

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this forum are my own, and not
representative of my employer.
I do not answer questions on behalf of my employer. I'm just a
programmer helping programmers.

lwti

They may have got you started, but they will also get you FIRED, just like
they were and are without a J.O.B.

If these MVP's are SOOOO GOOD, how can they be here day after day, week
after week, year after year, YET have nothing, zippo written for themselves
to show for it. Look at their websites, blogs at best! whew lots of coding
their. No it's posting, i.e. J.O.B. trolling cause they can't keep the
J.O.B. they had.

How come these people, WHO ARE SO WELL KNOWN can't get a J.O.B. but those
guys who created FIREFOX can get a J.O.B. just like that and are ACTUALLY
TOO BUSY to be on their BLOGS all day LONG as they have REAL WORK TO DO?

It's cause those FIREFOX guys actually created something that people use,
unlike MVP's who YEAR AFTER YEAR can't write a real program that people want
and actually use but spend day in and day out here posting away.

lwti

Dear Bill,

You want to know I am posting, here's one reason why.

If you want to KEEP your JOB, you should then STOP listening or even asking
these MVP's as they can't even KEEP their own JOB.with their so-called
advice. That's why. It's called practicing what your preaching and all
these MVP's are more preaching than practicing.

That's why you should ASK if these guys have J.O.B.'s as the advice your
getting is NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH for these MVP's to keep their own JOB's.

That's why you should ask so you actually know if the advice you get
ACTUALLY works in the REAL WORLD.

lwti

You are SO FULL IT!

These MVP's are some oft he worstl

If they actually are the so-called development leads, architects and
consultants HOW IN THE WORLD DO THEY HAVE SO MUCH TIME WHEN THEIR very OWN
projects are ALWAYS LATE!!

Microsoft projects are always late, heck all software projects are late, so
why in the world should these MVP have so much time then?