A glitch?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Blade, May 20, 2005.

  1. Blade

    Blade Guest

    G'day everyone,

    I've finally bit the bullet and started to learn CSS.,and I seem to have a
    problem I cannot fix.

    When I view the page in IE, the right column for some reason has it's
    contents right at the bottom, where in FireFox the contents are at the top
    (where they ought to be).

    Even more strange, sometimes in IE the contents will mysteriously appear at
    the top and stay there. It seems to be completely random, sometimes it's at
    the bottom and sometimes it's at the top. But once it appears at the top,
    it'll stay there.

    I'm getting very confused. It behaves perfectly in Firefox, and on Safari
    and IE for the Mac.

    Here is the URL to the test page:

    http://everest.fit.qut.edu.au/~n4393252/new_layout/index.html
    Username >> Public
    Password>> guestaccess

    I would be most grateful if anyone could help!!!

    Cheers

    Matt

    ====================
    Blade's Place:
    http://www.bladesplace.id.au/

    The Blade's Place Anniversary
    Redevelopment Project Blog:
    http://everest.fit.qut.edu.au/~n4393252/update.html

    Blade, May 20, 2005

  2. Blade

    Safalra Guest

    Safalra, May 20, 2005

  3. While the city slept, Safalra () feverishly typed...

    > Blade wrote:
    >> http://everest.fit.qut.edu.au/~n4393252/new_layout/index.html
    >> Username >> Public
    >> Password>> guestaccess

    > Er... I think you've told us the wrong password (either that or I
    > typed it incorrectly six times...).

    I found that too! I entered the username as "public" (i.e. lower case "p"
    instead of upper case) and it let me in.

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss http://www.nigenet.org.uk
    Mail address will bounce. | Take the DOG. out!

    nice.guy.nige, May 20, 2005
  4. Blade

    Blade Guest

    Ooops....I offically can't type. Yeah it's a little p....sorry about that,
    I'm so embarrassed.

    I put a password on there becuase it's the only way I know of to keep the
    bots out of it......

    Cheers

    Blade

    P.S. This error is so random, I'm pulling out all my hair :0\

    Blade, May 21, 2005