A good text editor for JAVA?

Oliver Wong

Luc The Perverse said:
I would like something half way in the middle.

It would be either MDI or single window (by user choice), have a
compilation output at the bottom of the screen and allow you to jump to
line numbers by clicking on errors.

Maybe I need to program this.

Sounds like Eclipse with (almost) everything turned off.

I think for the stack-trace-linking feature, you'll want the concept of
a "project", because if it's just single file open, you'll need to do some
classpath resolution to find the right class file that stack trace refers
to, and then you'll have to somehow from that derive the correct source file
(which is impossible in the most generalized version of the problem).

- Oliver

Monique Y. Mudama

My own ergonomic back problems have been pretty well fixed with two
techniques.

1. a sort of giant rubber whoopy cushion on my chair.. The idea is
I can't sit still on it. I have to wriggle slightly to stay
balanced. It saves me from freezing up in one position. The
wriggling is below ordinary conscious awareness.

This sounds like a similar approach to the big bouncy-balls you can
sit on. I have one of these, but my chiro actually told me not to sit
on it for more than two hours a day. Good in small amounts, but
overworks your muscles in large amounts. According to him.