A little help with debugging on a remote server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Simon Harvey, Apr 15, 2004.

  1. Simon Harvey

    Simon Harvey Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm hoping someone can help me with the following:

    I've read the microsoft documents on how to setup debugging on a remote
    server. I have the application set up in Visual Studio ok but I'm getting
    the Access is Denied message when I try to debug.

    The documentation states that the solution is to add the appropriate account
    to the debugger and Admin user groups on the remote server. The problem is,
    I'm not sure which user account needs to be added to those groups. I should
    image that it is the account that my visual studio machine connects as but
    I'm not sure which account that is.

    Can anyone tell me which account to add?

    The remote server is windows 2000 and it isn't a domain controller

    Thanks to anyone who can help

    Simon

    Simon Harvey, Apr 15, 2004

  2. You need to add your login account to the list of Debugger Users on the remote server.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQ29lLCBNQ1A=?=, Apr 15, 2004

  3. Simon Harvey

    Simon Harvey Guest

    "David Coe, MCP" <> wrote in message
    > You need to add your login account to the list of Debugger Users on the

    remote server.

    Do you mean add my login to the Local Users of the machine, in which case I
    have or do you mean add it to someplace else, in which case where?

    Thanks

    Simon

    Simon Harvey, Apr 15, 2004