A little help with tables...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Moo, Sep 1, 2008.

  1. Moo

    Moo Guest

    I can't seem to get my table to work how I would like it to, I'm sure
    it's something silly but I can't see it and I've tried I don't know how
    many different colspan combinations....

    I would like a table consisting of:

    Logo
    six buttons in a row all equal size
    two boxes, left with picture, right with text *but* able to determine
    the size of each so they are not equal nor tied to a split between boxes
    for the buttons.

    Now, from my understanding this would be:

    logo
    button1
    button2
    picture on left
    text on right

    Where am I going wrong?

    All of the tutorials on the net don't seem to cover this sort of thing....

    Currently the picture box is locked to the end of the first button box
    (and thus is not size 400, it's the same size as the button box 100).

    If I colspan the picture box 2, and the text box 4, it works but the
    size of the buttons are affected, they are no longer all equal or the
    picture box just gets tied to the break for button 2 and not button 1.

    Any help would be much appreciated!

    Moo

    --

    My blog - http://degeneratemoo.livejournal.com

    Moo, Sep 1, 2008

  2. Moo

    Moo Guest

    Moo, Sep 1, 2008

  3. Moo

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Moo wrote:

    > I can't seem to get my table to work how I would like it to, I'm sure
    > it's something silly but I can't see it and I've tried I don't know
    > how many different colspan combinations....
    >
    > I would like a table consisting of:
    > Logo
    > six buttons in a row all equal size
    > two boxes, left with picture, right with text but able to determine
    > the size of each so they are not equal nor tied to a split between
    > boxes for the buttons.

    I think it can be done without a table:
    The 6 'buttons' with a horizontal list, styled with CSS
    Example: http://myplayspace.atspace.com/hmenus2.html
    More information about lists: http://www.alistapart.com/stories/taminglists/
    The image can float left of the text or two div boxes.

    --
    Nico

    Nico Schuyt, Sep 1, 2008