A New bie's doubt

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Naren, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. Naren

    Naren Guest

    Hello Grp,

    I am new to perl.I am supposed to write a perl code which involves
    hashes

    line => $lnCnt1,

    data => "array1",

    how can one append a key value pair programmatically.I could not get it in a
    book available here.

    thaanx in advance,

    rgds,

    Naren.

    Naren, Oct 17, 2003

  2. On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:40:44 +0200
    "Naren" <> wrote:
    <snip>

    > how can one append a key value pair programmatically.I could not get
    > it in a book available here.

    type on the command line:
    perldoc perl

    This is the documentation for Perl. You will find, over time, that
    the book is a supplement to the already existing documentation :)

    To answer the original question, type:
    perldoc -q hash

    It may not provide a direct answer to the direct question, but you may
    need it later on.

    HTH

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    It's easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to
    them.

    James Willmore, Oct 17, 2003