    Any suggestions?
    and if this is the wrong news group can someone please point me in the
    right dirrection.

    Branndon, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Branndon

    Jack Klein Guest

    On 4 Jan 2004 22:56:55 -0800, (Branndon) wrote in
    comp.lang.c:

    > i dont know if theres any software you there that can in essince take
    > a snap shot of your screen and detect certian words and from there
    > perform an action. kinda like a nanny program, what i'm using it for
    > would be work. I have to sit here for hours clicking yes or no when
    > certian city's come up, i'd like to automate it if at all possible.
    > Any suggestions?
    > and if this is the wrong news group can someone please point me in the
    > right dirrection.

    Are you looking for a program or trying to write one in C? If you're
    looking for a program that you can buy or download, try google.com.

    If you want to write a program in C, you will need to ask in a group
    that supports your particular compiler/operating system combination.
    Standard C, discussed here, does not define or support screens at all,
    only input and output using hardware independent FILE * streams.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Branndon

    osmium Guest

    Branndon writes:

    > i dont know if theres any software you there that can in essince take
    > a snap shot of your screen and detect certian words and from there
    > perform an action. kinda like a nanny program, what i'm using it for
    > would be work. I have to sit here for hours clicking yes or no when
    > certian city's come up, i'd like to automate it if at all possible.
    > Any suggestions?
    > and if this is the wrong news group can someone please point me in the
    > right dirrection.

    Try the 24hoursupport.helpdesk newsgroup. It's an active group and they
    often have some pretty savvy people. Now that I think of it, that might be
    a good newsgroup to monitor by guys casting around for ideas on "What shall
    I write now"?

    osmium, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Branndon wrote:

    > i dont know if theres any software you there that can in essince take
    > a snap shot of your screen and detect certian words and from there
    > perform an action. kinda like a nanny program, what i'm using it for
    > would be work. I have to sit here for hours clicking yes or no when
    > certian city's come up, i'd like to automate it if at all possible.
    > Any suggestions?
    > and if this is the wrong news group can someone please point me in the
    > right dirrection.

    Upon thinking about this for a while, you want a program that will
    take the output of your application and supply the necessary input
    according to the output.

    But this will not pause for every prompt.
    Perhaps you need one of those applications that allows you to
    assign multiple keystrokes to a certain key combination, like Ctrl-F3.
    That way you would only have to press one key combination.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:

    Thomas Matthews, Jan 5, 2004
  5. Thomas Matthews wrote:
    > Branndon wrote:
    >
    >> i dont know if theres any software you there that can in essince take
    >> a snap shot of your screen and detect certian words and from there
    >> perform an action. kinda like a nanny program, what i'm using it for
    >> would be work. I have to sit here for hours clicking yes or no when
    >> certian city's come up, i'd like to automate it if at all possible.
    >> Any suggestions?
    >> and if this is the wrong news group can someone please point me in the
    >> right dirrection.

    > Upon thinking about this for a while, you want a program that will
    > take the output of your application and supply the necessary input
    > according to the output.
    >
    > But this will not pause for every prompt.
    > Perhaps you need one of those applications that allows you to
    > assign multiple keystrokes to a certain key combination, like Ctrl-F3.
    > That way you would only have to press one key combination.

    Err...
    That's all very fine, but how does this relate to the C language ?

    Bruno Desthuilliers, Jan 5, 2004