a question about auto submit to a frame

jack.lee

Hi,
There are two frames in an asp page.When a frame loads,I submit a form
to the other frame in onload event.Sometimes the code works fine,but
sometimes it will submit to a new window.
Why does it happen? how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

jack

Dominique

simply means that the other framewasn't loaded yet, so it didn't really
'exist'

make sure that 'the other frame' is loaded before you try posting to it...

do something like
if (window.FRAMENAME) {
do_submit_function()
} else {
setTimeout("this_function()", 2000)
}

so if 'the other frame' isn't loaded yet, it'll wait 2 secs and try again...

careful tho, coz it'll keep trying so make sure that 'the other frame' WILL
be there.

cheers and good luck