A question about the Menu control in ASP.NET...

Bryan

Is it possible to make an item's entire field in the menu selectable?

I'm using the menu control bound to web.sitemap, and only the text part
of any given menu item acts as a link. I'd like to be able to make it
where you can click anywhere, even next to the word (in the item's
field on the menu of course) and still have it take you to where you
need to go, as opposed to only being able to click on the text.

Hardcoding the menu with images and such isn't really an option as the
menu has to be dynamic and easily edited from within the sitemap, so
I'm hoping it's a setting or something else I'm missing.

clintonG

I haven't seen any such functionality but using the CSS Control Adapters may
allow a solution.

Bryan

Thank you!

A quick search on Google for '+"css control adapters" +"menu control"'
got me exactly what I needed... I just had to look at what they did in
the CSS code and it works like a champ.

For anyone else that may be curious about the fix, here's the code I
used:

..mainMenu
{
display: block;
}

With that, I made mainMenu the class for the applicable parts of the
menu, and it works great. Of course any other styles you want to use
can be set here too, but the above makes the whole menu field
selectable.

Thanks again!