a script to login a user an execute commands?

Marc-Olivier BERNARD

Hi there,

I need to create a small script to execute as root, which logs in as
standard user, and execute some commands.

Is there another way to do but use Expect.pm?

Thanks,

James Willmore

On 6 Dec 2003 09:09:25 -0800
I need to create a small script to execute as root, which logs in as
standard user, and execute some commands.

Define "logs in". What are you using to 'log in' - telnet, ssh, ??
Is there another way to do but use Expect.pm?

Yes. Many modules are available. It all depends on what you're
trying to do.

Some code would be helpful :)

HTH

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
"I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took
me to see him in a department store and he asked for my
<autograph." -- Shirley Temple

Gregory Toomey

It was a dark and stormy night, and Marc-Olivier BERNARD managed to scribble:
Hi there,

I need to create a small script to execute as root, which logs in as
standard user, and execute some commands.

Is there another way to do but use Expect.pm?

Thanks,

Assuming you use linux, why don't you just use the linux 'expect' command.

gtoomey