A simple 2 contents / main text layout.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Spacen Jasset, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. I've looked around for what I want to do, but I can't seem to find what I
    want.

    I would like to make a two pane layout. al la contents / main text style.
    But I want is the contents box to alter what the main text section shows --
    infact i want it to load up diffrent pages.

    So I tried something like this:

    <!-- Contents section -->

    <base target="main">

    .... more contents links

    </base>

    <!-- Main text ->
    <iframe id="main" name="main" src="main.html" frameborder="0">
    </iframe>

    The problem is that the iframe adopts borders depending on the size of the
    pages I link to. I just want the iframe to resize itself essentially, so
    that the main browser scroll bars can be used...if you see what I mean. i.e.
    I want the iframe "box" to expand as necessary.
    Spacen Jasset, Jul 17, 2004