A simple one: Prompt to open file?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Dylan Parry, Jun 2, 2005.

  1. Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Dylan Parry, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Dylan Parry

    Alan Searle Guest

    I have incorporated a link to a CSV (comma delimited) file in a simple
    HTML web page with the following ...

    .... and find that, yes, the link is found, but the browser simply
    displays the content (text) of the file rather than opening it in a
    local application. What I really need, however, is for the browser to
    prompt the user to open the file with his/her choice of application
    (e.g. MS-Excel or OpenOffice).

    Is there a command/piece of syntax that would force this?

    Or maybe there is a setting on my server (Apache) that I need to change?

    I have consulted my HTML manuals but so far haven't found anything to
    help me so any tips would be gratefully received.

    Regards,
    Alan Searle.

    Alan Searle, Jun 2, 2005

  3. Dylan Parry