A sort of javascript (client side) Youtube "Quicklist" clone.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Num GG, Sep 3, 2008.

  1. Num GG

    Num GG Guest

    In order to write a sort of Youtube "Quicklist" clone:

    Suppose you have several urls (link for several youtube or dailymotion
    videos) in an javascript array (or a listbox).

    It's quite easy make a "View this one" button to launch -for each
    video link in the array- the corresponding video. A trivial way is
    just to write the link within an <DIV> element of the page.

    But now, how could I make a "Play All" button where (as youtube's
    "Quicklist") _all_ the videos of the array or listbox would be played
    sequentially _without any user manipulation_?

    At the client side, I think it's difficult (even impossible) to know
    that the first video is over and to launch the second one and so on.

    Otherwise, what kind of web technology would I have to use? "Pure
    Flash"? Use Server Side technology to push each video link?

    Thanks for any idea or comment.

    Num,
    Num GG, Sep 3, 2008