A stupid newbie question

Johnny Jörgensen

Hi all

I realize this will be a stupid question, but i simply can't find out how to
do it:

All my forms in my ASP.NET 2.0 app contains submit buttons where the user
can submit the forms.

But now I have a scenario where I have to submit the form automatically from
codebehind.

How the h*** do I do that. I read somewhere that the Form object should have
a Submit() method, but Visual Studio says no.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get,
Johnny J.

Johnny Jörgensen

Exactly

I need to get information to a third party credit card service that expects
the information to come from a form using http post.

I calculate the values in my code behind and fill in hidden fields in the
form and want to post the form programmatically. The user should not be
involved in this. All he will know is that he goes to the third party site,
do his stuff (credit card payment) and returns to our site.

/Johnny J.

Andrew Morton

Johnny said:
I need to get information to a third party credit card service that
expects the information to come from a form using http post.

If you look in the help for HttpWebRequest, you should be able to find what
you need.

Andrew

Hans Kesting

Johnny Jörgensen expressed precisely :
Hi all

I read somewhere that the Form object should have
a Submit() method, but Visual Studio says no.

Johnny J.

By the way: there *is* a "submit()" method (note the lower-case "s"),
but that is in client-side javascript.

Hans Kesting