A Suggestion please

Guest

I am trying to Map directories for the web user at runtime in the web server from which a word document will be opened and sent to pdf printer to create PDF version
These directories might be different or same for each user depending upon the settings in the database they connect to.users connect to different database depending upon their options.But web server is only one where the directories has to be mapped to network path where the word document for particular database is located

As these directories might overlap between users.i.e.if user1 is mapping to 'V:\' and at the same time user2 logs on and tries to do the same action, i want the request of the user2 to be in queue until user1 does his work and gives a green flag

I am trying to use a timer and user2 checks for a shared variable value for green flag from user1.But i feel this might consume resources and also might malfunction if lot of users logs on at the same time

Does anybody have any good solution for this situation.If so can you please give me some details of how to address this

Thanks in advance