A very simple benchmark of Python based web server: Zope, mod_python with Apache, Twisted Framework

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bowen Chiu, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. Bowen Chiu

    Bowen Chiu Guest

    Dears:

    I use a 4KBytes HTML content to do this benchmark,
    it is just a simple test of python based web server.

    mod_python with Apache
    Lifting the server siege... done.
    Transactions: 4864 hits
    Availability: 100.00 %
    Elapsed time: 30.43 secs
    Data transferred: 19426816 bytes
    Response time: 0.73 secs
    Transaction rate: 159.84 trans/sec
    Throughput: 638409.98 bytes/sec
    Concurrency: 116.23
    Successful transactions: 4864
    /Failed transactions: 0

    Twisted with Python 2.3
    Lifting the server siege.. done.
    Transactions: 4608 hits
    Availability: 100.00 %
    Elapsed time: 30.56 secs
    Data transferred: 18349056 bytes
    Response time: 0.04 secs
    Transaction rate: 150.79 trans/sec
    Throughput: 600427.24 bytes/sec
    Concurrency: 5.53
    Successful transactions: 4608
    Failed transactions: 0

    Zope
    Lifting the server siege... done.
    Transactions: 4415 hits
    Availability: 100.00 %
    Elapsed time: 30.26 secs
    Data transferred: 16988920 bytes
    Response time: 0.81 secs
    Transaction rate: 145.90 trans/sec
    Throughput: 561431.59 bytes/sec
    Concurrency: 118.05
    Successful transactions: 4415
    Failed transactions: 0

    Bowen Chiu
    Bowen Chiu, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Re: A very simple benchmark of Python based web server: Zope,mod_python with Apache, Twisted Framework

    Bowen> I use a 4KBytes HTML content to do this benchmark,
    Bowen> it is just a simple test of python based web server.

    Can you provide some explanation of the output or pointers to the code you
    used to perform the test?

    Skip
    Skip Montanaro, Aug 9, 2003