    Any help really appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Rosie

    Rosie, Jun 6, 2008

  2. I'm a fellow cf developer been working with it since 2.0.
    if you can get an upgrade to framework 3.5 the listview offers some
    additional options, but it will still require a bit of coding. ListView is
    like a mid point between a Repeater and a gridview. There are some builtin
    templates that may get you started, but like all else in asp.net designer
    generated stuff it's not the cleanest. However it is more flexable than a
    gridview. I've found the formview to be more trouble than it's worth so i use
    it for single purpose like inserts. This may not be much help, but at least
    you have some one who understands cf to .net issues.

    ..net is more powerful in terms of real coding, but it's slower in terms of
    development and it's not as easy to modify esp if you use grids, formviews,

    my advise here is (and someone will nail me on this!!!) stay with readers
    and create custom business objects with lists. Tableadapters and the like are
    slower and bulkier than the record sets returned from query objects.

    i'll be glad to give you more info if you want.

    --
    Share The Knowledge. I need all the help I can get and so do you!

    Yankee Imperialist Dog, Jun 6, 2008