About FormView in ASP.Net 2.0

Rosie

Can I display more than 1 record on each page of form view?

Actually I am Cold fusion Developer and new in .net. I have to develop
page like http://www.ctisupercouriers.com.au/gfx/test/report_test.gif
on which our staff can directly change the things and save it. The
records are coming from different tables and updated in all tables.

I have tried using data tables and grid view but not able to get it.
I don’t know I am able to achieve it using form view or not.

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks,

Rosie

Yankee Imperialist Dog

I'm a fellow cf developer been working with it since 2.0.
if you can get an upgrade to framework 3.5 the listview offers some
additional options, but it will still require a bit of coding. ListView is
like a mid point between a Repeater and a gridview. There are some builtin
templates that may get you started, but like all else in asp.net designer
generated stuff it's not the cleanest. However it is more flexable than a
gridview. I've found the formview to be more trouble than it's worth so i use
it for single purpose like inserts. This may not be much help, but at least
you have some one who understands cf to .net issues.

..net is more powerful in terms of real coding, but it's slower in terms of
development and it's not as easy to modify esp if you use grids, formviews,

my advise here is (and someone will nail me on this!!!) stay with readers
and create custom business objects with lists. Tableadapters and the like are
slower and bulkier than the record sets returned from query objects.

i'll be glad to give you more info if you want.