About "metavalue detected, returning FALSE" warning..

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by G Iveco, Sep 15, 2007.

  1. G Iveco

    G Iveco Guest

    Hi, there:

    I am getting a long list of this warning in my simulations ocurring at 0ps.
    Code segments is down below.
    Other simulation results are unaffected.

    How do I remove this warning?

    Thanks in advance!

    # ** Warning: NUMERIC_STD.">": metavalue detected, returning FALSE
    # Time: 0 ps Iteration: 1 Instance: /conv_vit_sim/i_vitb_dec/i_aem_0

    library IEEE;
    use IEEE.numeric_std.all;
    use IEEE.std_logic_1164.all;
    signal tmp_aem_0, tmp_aem_1, tmp_aem_2, tmp_aem_3 : unsigned(BW_AEM-1 downto
    0);
    cmp_u <= '1' when (tmp_aem_0 <= tmp_aem_1) else '0';
    cmp_l <= '1' when (tmp_aem_2 <= tmp_aem_3) else '0';

    G Iveco, Sep 15, 2007

  2. G Iveco wrote:

    > I am getting a long list of this warning in my simulations ocurring at 0ps.
    > Code segments is down below.
    > Other simulation results are unaffected.
    > How do I remove this warning?

    Initialize the testbench drive signal declarations.
    These are all 'U' at time zero by default.

    my_tb_sig : unsigned(BW_AEM-1 downto 0) := (others => '0');

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Sep 15, 2007

  3. G Iveco

    David Bishop Guest

    G Iveco wrote:
    > Hi, there:
    >
    > I am getting a long list of this warning in my simulations ocurring at 0ps.
    > Code segments is down below.
    > Other simulation results are unaffected.
    >
    > How do I remove this warning?

    If you are using Modeltech, you can set NumericStdNoWarnings to "1" to
    ignore these warnings.

    In the VHDL-200X package, there is a "package generic" that allows you
    to shut these off in your testbench.

    David Bishop, Sep 16, 2007