accent in --stringparam (xsltproc)

Discussion in 'XML' started by Ramon, Aug 18, 2006.

  1. Ramon

    Ramon Guest

    Hello,

    How to pass parameter with acute accent to xsltproc ?

    example : (été (french) = summer)

    $ xsltproc --stringparam ch été fichier.xsl fichier.xml

    It is written in the xsltproc man that the string --stringparam must
    be in utf-8

    But how to pass it ?

    TYWM

    OS : linux

    --
    Philippe Monroux
    55.3W -21.5S

    Ramon, Aug 18, 2006

  2. Ramon

    Soren Kuula Guest

    Ramon wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > How to pass parameter with acute accent to xsltproc ?
    >
    > example : (été (french) = summer)
    >
    > $ xsltproc --stringparam ch été fichier.xsl fichier.xml
    >
    > It is written in the xsltproc man that the string --stringparam must
    > be in utf-8
    >
    > But how to pass it ?

    What is the encoding of the terminal window in which you run the thing?
    I think the LANG env. var. specifies that, but I'm not too sure (that
    penguin never really got serious about Unicode -- W****** is much better
    npwadays).

    Or, alternatively, try to write your string été into a file, and be sure
    to save that in UTF-8 (encoding under Save As in GEdit, or CTRL-x
    <RETURN> c utf-8 <RETURN> CTRL-x CTRL-w <RETURN> in EMACS; I am not
    responsible if you break any fingers). Then, try cat the file -- if that
    comes out OK, your terminal should use utf-8, and xsltproc should not
    complain.

    Soren

    Soren Kuula, Aug 19, 2006

  3. Ramon

    Ramon Guest

    Le Sat, 19 Aug 2006 02:04:32 +0200,
    Dans le forum comp.text.xml,
    Soren Kuula a écrit :
    > Ramon wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> How to pass parameter with acute accent to xsltproc ?
    >>
    >> example : (été (french) = summer)
    >>
    >> $ xsltproc --stringparam ch été fichier.xsl fichier.xml
    >>
    >> It is written in the xsltproc man that the string --stringparam must
    >> be in utf-8
    >>
    >> But how to pass it ?

    > What is the encoding of the terminal window in which you run the thing?
    > I think the LANG env. var. specifies that, but I'm not too sure (that
    > penguin never really got serious about Unicode -- W****** is much better
    > npwadays).
    >
    > Or, alternatively, try to write your string été into a file, and be sure
    > to save that in UTF-8 (encoding under Save As in GEdit, or CTRL-x
    ><RETURN> c utf-8 <RETURN> CTRL-x CTRL-w <RETURN> in EMACS; I am not
    > responsible if you break any fingers). Then, try cat the file -- if that
    > comes out OK, your terminal should use utf-8, and xsltproc should not
    > complain.

    OK thanks

    --
    Philippe Monroux