access elements in a complex structure

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Larry, Oct 4, 2008.

  1. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Hi,

    I have a quick question...suppose I have the following data structure
    returned by dmap_unpack(); and shown by Data::Dumper :

    $VAR1 = [
    [
    [
    'Header',
    [
    [
    'Notice1',
    'Hello World!'
    ],
    [
    'Notice2',
    'Cazzo dici??'
    ],
    [
    'Buffer',
    2048
    ]
    ]
    ]
    ]
    ];
    How can I access single element in the structure??

    Like how can I access: key->Notice1

    thanks ever so much

    Larry, Oct 4, 2008

  2. Larry

    Larry Guest

    In article <>,
    Tim Heaney <> wrote:

    > But wouldn't you rather use a hash?

    I cannot use a hash. Both of your exemplase did not work: Pseudo-hashes
    are deprecated at dmap.pl line 36, <DATA> line 1

    Larry, Oct 4, 2008

  3. Larry

    Larry Guest

    In article <>,
    Larry <> wrote:

    > I cannot use a hash. Both of your exemplase did not work: Pseudo-hashes
    > are deprecated at dmap.pl line 36, <DATA> line 1

    Iam sorry i was wrong it is all working great now

    Larry, Oct 4, 2008