Access modifiers in ASPX

Louis Somers

Hi,

Is it possible to change the access modifiers of controls defined in the
ASPX part of a partial class?

I have some usercontrols dropped onto an ASPX form. In the code-behind I
have a little object model that needs access to some of these controls.
The objects are stored in the viewstate, and thus cannot be nested
inside the System.Web.UI.Page (some underlying object is not marked as
serializable). However, if they are not nested classes, they cannot have
access to the Controls on the form, because apparently these are
implicitly declared with "protected" modifiers.

I have googled quite some time on this without success.

Cheers,
Louis