Access SNMP using Java

frank

hi friends,
could you please tell me how to access the MIB objects of SNMP using
Java Code.

and i very thankful If u refer any article related to SNMP using
Java.

Thanks in Advance

Lew

frank said:
could you please tell me how to access the MIB objects of SNMP using
Java Code.

and i [sic] very thankful If u [sic] refer any article related to SNMP using
Java.

Tom said:

u wnt 2 rd
<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/management/snmp.html>
tht ws 1st hit usg Tom's advc. u cn Google 4 mr abt tht spcfcly & th nfo shd
hp u. Thr r mny open-src pkgs. GIYF. Gd lk.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

frank

frank said:
could you please tell me  how to access the MIB objects of SNMP  using
Java Code.
and i [sic] very  thankful If u [sic] refer any article related to SNMP using
Java.
Tom said:
Have u tried:

?

u wnt 2 rd
<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/management/snmp.html>
tht ws 1st hit usg Tom's advc.  u cn Google 4 mr abt tht spcfcly & th nfo shd
hp u.  Thr r mny open-src pkgs.  GIYF.  Gd lk.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Thank u

Tom Anderson

Traditionally, one does not quote sigs.

You do realize that all my heavy abbreviation was to ridicule your use of
txtspeek, right?

Either he does, and he's taking the piss right back, or he doesn't, and
he's blissfully ignorant, and either way, i reckon he wins!

tom

Lew

Tom said:
Either he does, and he's taking the piss right back, or he doesn't, and
he's blissfully ignorant, and either way, i reckon he wins!

Then it's a win-win. This subthread will cure any ignorance, and when it
comes to a pissing contest I hold my own.

You probably know this, tom, but "taking the piss" is not an idiom in the
U.S., although I'm familiar with the expression thanks to a non-parochial
upbringing, and "taking a piss" has a rather different meaning. Either way, I
reckon your phrase applies.

Simply pointing Frank at Google instead of giving him that extra inch was
rather pissy, too, and I notice that besides that you also lampooned his txtspeek.

Regardless, I'm finding Sun's documentation on SNMP at
<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/management/snmp.html>
to be a real find, not just for that chapter but the whole document. I'm
grateful to Frank for opening the question so that I could Google and find
that answer. What a pisser.

I'll piss off, now.

Tom Anderson

Then it's a win-win. This subthread will cure any ignorance, and when it
comes to a pissing contest I hold my own.

You probably know this, tom, but "taking the piss" is not an idiom in the
U.S.,

Ah, i forget this easily.
although I'm familiar with the expression thanks to a non-parochial
upbringing, and "taking a piss" has a rather different meaning. Either
way, I reckon your phrase applies.

Simply pointing Frank at Google instead of giving him that extra inch was
rather pissy, too,

Damn right!
and I notice that besides that you also lampooned his txtspeek.

That's not a lampooning. Believe me, when i lampoon someone, they stay
lampooned.
Regardless, I'm finding Sun's documentation on SNMP at
<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/management/snmp.html>
to be a real find, not just for that chapter but the whole document.
I'm grateful to Frank for opening the question so that I could Google
and find that answer. What a pisser.

I'll piss off, now.

To get pissed? The UK usage, rather than the US, i hope.

Actually, no, i've just realised that although dusk has fallen here in
Denmark, it's before lunch for you on the west Atlantic coast. A bad time
to be angry, but a worse time to be drunk on a workday.

tom

Andreas Leitgeb

Lew said:
You do realize that all my heavy abbreviation was to ridicule your use of
txtspeek, right?

Funny.
When I read that posting (three up), my first thought was: "Hey, is
Lew finally going to get used to saving a few keystrokes?" and it
wasn't really all that hard to read, either.

PS: only the "secy" still puzzles me, so whatever it is,
I'm obviously not able to be it.

Lew

Lew said:
I'll piss off, now.

Tom said:
To get pissed? The UK usage, rather than the US, i hope.

Soon enough.
Actually, no, i've just realised that although dusk has fallen here in
Denmark, it's before lunch for you on the west Atlantic coast. A bad
time to be angry, but a worse time to be drunk on a workday.

If I weren't between contracts now, I'd worry about that.

Well, I do have one part-time contract on which I'm working, so I'm not too
pissed (angry), or at all pissed (drunk). I am open to accept more work.

At least I have time to study SNMP. Also portal programming, JMX and
business-process orchestration, my current hot topics of study.

Lew

Andreas said:
Funny.
When I read that posting (three up), my first thought was: "Hey, is
Lew finally going to get used to saving a few keystrokes?" and it
wasn't really all that hard to read, either.

PS: only the "secy" still puzzles me, so whatever it is,
I'm obviously not able to be it.

"Secretary". The line was an ad slogan for a secretarial school a few decades
ago.

Andreas Leitgeb

Lew said:
"Secretary". The line was an ad slogan for a secretarial
school a few decades ago.

thx^H^H^H thank you ;)

PS: It reminded me of a fortune-cookie that went so:
"f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng."