Access to the path "D:\Kevin's Web Apps\InternalSPHIR\Config\Resource.Config" is denied.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by KQ, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. KQ

    KQ Guest

    Hi,

    I am getting the above error messsage and I can't work out why this is
    happening.

    I've checked what account the application is running on (using
    System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name) and it is
    the ASPNET account.

    I've given ASPNET account full permissions on the directories and
    file, but I still get the error.

    I'm running IIS 5 on a Windows XP Professional SP2 using ASP.NET
    Version 1.1

    If I give the Everyone group write permissions to the file then it
    works okay but this is obviously is no good.

    Any help on this issue would be gratefully appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Kevin.

    KQ, Oct 27, 2004

  2. KQ

    KQ Guest

    I have now solved this.

    The problem was that there was an ASPNET account present in the
    security listing of the file called domainname\ASPNET. I was assigning
    the rights to this account when I should have been assigning the
    rights to the machinename\ASPNET account.

    I don't know if this is normal to have a domainname\ASPNET account,
    maybe someone could shed some light on this?

    Thanks,
    Kevin.

    KQ, Oct 27, 2004