    Is there a solution to this problem ?

    Thanks for your help,

    Fred

    Fred, Mar 15, 2006

  2. Fred

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message
    news:4417eb3f$0$29185$...
    : Hi,
    :
    : I have 2 servers and I would like to access shared files on server 1
    : from an asp page situated in the server 2 (with the filesystem object).
    :
    : I can't do it, I think, due to access restriction with the user IUSER_...
    :
    : Both servers are Windows 2003 server no situated in a domain.
    :
    : Is there a solution to this problem ?

    Setup a virtual directory and give the IUSR account on server 2 the rights
    it needs on server 1.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Mar 17, 2006

  3. "Roland Hall" <nobody@nowhere> wrote in message
    > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    > : Hi,
    > :
    > : I have 2 servers and I would like to access shared files on server 1
    > : from an asp page situated in the server 2 (with the filesystem object).
    > :
    > : I can't do it, I think, due to access restriction with the user

    IUSER_...
    > :
    > : Both servers are Windows 2003 server no situated in a domain.
    > :
    > : Is there a solution to this problem ?
    >
    > Setup a virtual directory and give the IUSR account on server 2 the rights
    > it needs on server 1.
    >
    > --
    > Roland Hall
    > WSH 5.6 Documentation -

    Why setup a virtual directory?

    If the access is via File system object how does a virtual directory help?

    Also it can be difficult to give IUSR access to a share on another system
    because it is usually a local account (unless the web server is also a
    domain controller).

    Do you know how to grant a local IUSR account access to a network resource?

    Anthony.

    Anthony Jones, Mar 17, 2006