Accessing a Web Service from an Active Server Page

Keith E.

I have implemented a Web Service on an IIS 5.0 platform using the ASP listener
I can access the Web Service just fine from a VB 6 App and classic ASP using the SOAP 3.0 toolkit and its "MSSOAP.SoapClient30" object

However, one of the servers that I'd like to call the Web Service from is a shared hosting platform that does not offer the "MSSOAP.SoapClient30" object
It only has the MS XMLDOM. I have located an example of Accessing a Web Service via the MSXML DOM from an Active Server Page where the Web Service is on a .NET platform (http://home.att.net/~codeLibrary/ASP/ws.htm

But I need to know how to access a Web Service from an Active Server Page with the MS XMLDOM where the Web Service is implemented using classic ASP

Any resources or code samples would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Keith E

Mark Schupp

Maybe I'm showing my naivete but isn't the whole point of web services to
provide a standard way to access the service. The underlying technology of
the service provider should not matter to the client. The same code should
work for both services.

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development