    Any resources or code samples would be greatly appreciated

    Thanks in advance

    Keith E
    Keith E., Jan 21, 2004

  2. Keith E.

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Maybe I'm showing my naivete but isn't the whole point of web services to
    provide a standard way to access the service. The underlying technology of
    the service provider should not matter to the client. The same code should
    work for both services.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    "Keith E." <> wrote in message

    > I have implemented a Web Service on an IIS 5.0 platform using the ASP

    listener.
    > I can access the Web Service just fine from a VB 6 App and classic ASP

    using the SOAP 3.0 toolkit and its "MSSOAP.SoapClient30" object.

    > However, one of the servers that I'd like to call the Web Service from is

    a shared hosting platform that does not offer the "MSSOAP.SoapClient30"
    object.
    > It only has the MS XMLDOM. I have located an example of Accessing a Web

    Service via the MSXML DOM from an Active Server Page where the Web Service
    is on a .NET platform (http://home.att.net/~codeLibrary/ASP/ws.htm)

    > But I need to know how to access a Web Service from an Active Server Page

    with the MS XMLDOM where the Web Service is implemented using classic ASP.

    Mark Schupp, Jan 21, 2004

  3. One would think so. However, the method used in the example
    "Accessing a Web Service via the MSXML DOM"
    (http://home.att.net/~codeLibrary/ASP/ws.htm) creates a SOAP packet
    using the MSXML DOM and try as I may, I can't seem to get it to fly on
    Classic ASP.

    Keith E.

    Keith Engelhardt, Jan 21, 2004