    classes.

    Public Class CollectionPage
    Inherits Web.UI.Page

    =?Utf-8?B?a2VybWl0?=, Apr 26, 2005

  2. I don't know where to start, kermit. More importantly, I don't know where to
    tell YOU to start.

    First, you begin by saying that you have a client-side ASPX Page, and a
    server-side CodeBehind. This is incorrect. You have ONE server-side ASPX
    Page class. Period. Until it receives a Request, there IS no client-side.
    The MyPage.aspx file contains a class definition that is derived via
    inheritance from the class definition in the MyPage.aspx.vb file. When they
    are compiled, you have 2 classes. Only one is used. The "CodeBehind" is the
    base class from which the ASPX class is inherited.

    So, in conclusion, you need to learn how object-oriented programming works
    before you can start programming. Think of it as a pyramid. If the bottom
    level is missing pieces, the entire pyramid is going to fall over.

    This is evidenced by the second thing you state, which is that you "create a
    collection using classes," and show that you have created a class that
    inherits NOT a Collection class, but System.Web.UI.Page." And your question
    is how to access the "Collection" data from the ASPX page.

    IOW, your question doesn't make sense because you don't understand the
    programming technology you're working with.

    Another way to look at it is, you're trying to do Trigonometry without any
    understanding of Algebra. The only solution is to learn algebra first, or
    you'll be swimming in circles until the cows come home.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    What You Seek Is What You Get.

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 26, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?a2VybWl0?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "kermit" <> wrote in message

    >I have an .net aspx page MyPage.aspx (client side), with code behind
    > MyPage.aspx.vb (server side)
    >
    > I use the pages server On_Load event (.aspx.vb) to create a collection
    > using
    > classes.
    >
    > Public Class CollectionPage
    > Inherits Web.UI.Page