    postings? Google Reader is able to do this. I'm interested in
    implementing kind of feature in Python. I've done quite a bit of
    searching to no avail. Any ideas?

    Mark S., Nov 22, 2006

  2. Mark S.

    Guest

    I'm pretty sure that GoogleReader keeps its own archive on their
    servers to provide historical feed items - so you'd have to implement
    your own archiving on your server to get the same functionality (unless
    GoogleReader publishes any API you could use for this purpose).

    In the general case, given any XYZ company that publishes RSS for their
    web content, they of course don't have any obligation to keep archives
    of their past RSS feeds.

    Sorin

    Mark S. wrote:
    > Anyone know how to access feed history (items not contained in the
    > current .xml file), so that an RSS Reader could display historical
    > postings? Google Reader is able to do this. I'm interested in
    > implementing kind of feature in Python. I've done quite a bit of
    > searching to no avail. Any ideas?

    , Nov 22, 2006