Accessing jar file through program

ruds

hi,
I'm writting a program for data Extraction using jexcelapi.
i have downloaded the jar file. Now I want to use it my program, for
this the code is:

import java.io.*;
import jxl.*;
import java.util.*;

but I'm getting error as;

ConvertCSV.java:2: package jxl does not exist
import jxl.*;
^
ConvertCSV.java:21: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class WorkbookSettings
location: class ConvertCSV
WorkbookSettings ws = new WorkbookSettings();

I have added the jar file path in classpath variable,still it is not
working.
Where am I going wrong, Please tell.

Alex.From.Ohio.Java

hi,
I'm writting a program for data Extraction using jexcelapi.
i have downloaded the jar file. Now I want to use it my program, for
this the code is:

import java.io.*;
import jxl.*;
import java.util.*;

but I'm getting error as;

ConvertCSV.java:2: package jxl does not exist
import jxl.*;
^
ConvertCSV.java:21: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class WorkbookSettings
location: class ConvertCSV
WorkbookSettings ws = new WorkbookSettings();

I have added the jar file path in classpath variable,still it is not
working.
Where am I going wrong, Please tell.

Double check that jar file which contains jxl package really is in
your classpath.
1) Check that jar contains this class
2) Check that jar file is in the classpath. Windows may play tricks
with you especially when you have space in path like "c:\Program Files
\Java"

Alex.
http://www.myjavaserver.com/~alexfromohio/