Accessing server controls using javascript...

Stu

Hi,

I have a javascript that needs to reference a server control (Listbox1) to
check if an item is selected but the server controls are renamed
'_ctl0:mainbody:Listbox1' when displayed in a masterpage. Unfortunately the
script needs to run whilst displayed in a number of different areas on the
masterpage.

Is there any way of getting the altered client side control ID at runtime?

Thanks in advance.

Stu

Bart

If you put your (html)controls within a form, then assign the name property,
you can access them from javascript as document.formname.controlname.value

This works kind of indepently from the id attribute ASP.NET uses to manage
controls.

Bart

Stu

Many thanks.