Accessing the same row of table , other fields - Newbie question

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Evrim, Aug 17, 2007.

  1. Evrim

    Evrim Guest

    Dear All

    I have a table with 3 fileds and certain number of rows (Not known in
    advance, page generated as JSP).

    The first field in the table is a hyperlink (all go to same page) , the
    second and third are values to be passed to next page.
    For example my table contains :

    field 1 field 2 field3
    link to s.jsp val1 var1
    link to s.jsp val2 var2

    and so on.

    1. Could you please tell me how should I pass the val1 and var1 (Not as
    querystrings in url) to the next page, in case user clicks the first row,
    first column ? Or var2 and val2 in case he clicks 2nd row, first column ?

    2. How can I somehow hide the 2nd and third field ? I know there are hidden
    fields in a form, but not in a table .... so what is the best way to solve
    this?

    I really am grateful for your help
    Evrim
    Evrim, Aug 17, 2007