accordion

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Ed Warren, Mar 8, 2007.

  1. Ed Warren

    Ed Warren Guest

    I'm really new to AJAX. I'm trying to learn more about using the accordion
    control. It appears to offer the UI I'm looking for use in a current
    project. But I'm lost.

    I have an accorion object on the page, with 3 accordion panes. In pane one
    I have the following code in pane 1:
    ----------------snip---------------
    <ajaxToolkit:AccordionPane ID = "AccordionPane1" runat = "server">
    <Header>
    "accordionLink">1. Select Date</a>
    </Header>
    <Content>
    <asp:RadioButtonList ID="RadioButtonDate"
    runat="server"
    Height="202px"
    Width="300px"
    RepeatColumns="2"
    RepeatDirection="Horizontal"
    AutoPostBack="False">
    </asp:RadioButtonList>
    </Content>
    </ajaxToolkit:AccordionPane>

    <ajaxToolkit:AccordionPane ID = "AccordionPane2" runat = "server">
    <Header>
    "accordionLink">2. Select Client</a>
    </Header>
    <Content>
    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel2" runat="server">
    <Triggers>
    <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="RadioButtonDate"
    EventName="OnSelectedIndexChanged" />
    </Triggers>
    <ContentTemplate>
    <asp:DropDownList
    ID="DropDownListClients"
    runat="server"
    Width="174px"
    DataSourceID="AccessDataSource1"
    DataTextField="CData"
    DataValueField="Final_Sched_ID"
    DataMember="DefaultView"
    AutoPostBack="True">
    </asp:DropDownList>
    </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>
    </Content>
    </ajaxToolkit:AccordionPane>
    --------------------------------------------------end snip

    The action I want is when I update the RadioButtonDate control in pane1, I
    want to load values from the datasource into the dropdown list.

    I've tried the following code, thinking that would capture the
    <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="RadioButtonDate"
    EventName="OnSelectedIndexChanged" />

    The page fails to compile with the error that it cannot find the control
    "RadioButtonDate". So I apparently do not understand how to reference the
    controls in the code?

    Maybe there is a way to capture the Accordion OnSelectedIndexChanged event
    but I cannot find any examples and/or references to the events handler for
    this control.

    Thanks in advance.
    --
    Ed Warren