Activate TaskBar Browser From Application

csgraham74

HI Folks,

I am developing a solution in asp.net. Basically i am automatically
assigning actions to various users of my system. The problem is that i
need to prompt the users to return back to their internet explorer
when a new action is assigned as they currently work in a 2 different
applications. I was wondering if its possible to make the internet
explorer taskbar flash if tfey have a new action assigned. The users
explorer session will always be open and the screen refreshes every 2
mins to check for new actions being assigned.

is it possible to make the task bar flash ???

any help on this appreciated

thanks

Colin

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
HI Folks,

I am developing a solution in asp.net. Basically i am automatically
assigning actions to various users of my system. The problem is that i
need to prompt the users to return back to their internet explorer
when a new action is assigned as they currently work in a 2 different
applications. I was wondering if its possible to make the internet
explorer taskbar flash if tfey have a new action assigned. The users
explorer session will always be open and the screen refreshes every 2
mins to check for new actions being assigned.

is it possible to make the task bar flash ???

any help on this appreciated

thanks

Colin

No, but you could display an alert in JavaScript. That's the closest I
can think of in terms of attracting the user's attention if his browser
window is minimized. On most browser, there is even a sound when the
alert pops up. Usually I am not much for alerts, but in that case it
would probably work.

HTH,
Laurent