Activation email

Seb

Using http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...controls.createuserwizard.maildefinition.aspx
I send my new users a welcome email. However I want to force the user
to input a valid email by including a confirmation link.
I'm thinking that I on sending the email generate a guid which I
include in the mail as a link to a confirm.aspx page and store store
in my database. And when the user clicks that link I update a bool
field in my db to true and the user should now be allowed access to
the site.

Is there already some functionality in the generated database to do
such? There is a field called IsApproved but I cant find a reference
or description of the columns.

If I want to implement the functionality myself the easiest way would
be to add some code to the Createuserwizard1_SendingMail method. But
that doesn't really seem like a good design strategy. And that
wouldn't prevent the user from logging in... unless I set the
IsLockedOut bit to false... which I believe is used for when the user
enters a wrong password for three times.

Hope I make sense.

best regards,
seb